Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Stevie T. and Tiger Philp: British Open Side Bet

Ok former commish, this is the thread we can use to make our picks... we'll just do it in the comments. You mentioned you had a full day today, so I expect to see your first pick this evening... I'll log in from time to time, and maybe we can get it all done today.

1. You get the first pick, by virtue of the thumping you got in the Master's bet. Five picks total.
2. $50 for team with most earnings at the British Open.
3. $50 if the winner is picked.

This is a tradition between me and Tiger, so if you'd like to join... too bad. It would take too long to enlist others into our little fun. However, I do encourage you guys to engage in any side bets that you want and feel free to use the blog to arrange them.
----------
OK, here are the teams:

TIGER PHILP:
Mickelson
Clarke
Harrington
Donald
Montgomerie

STEVIE T:
Singh
Goosen
Immelman
Ogilvy
Appleby

Check out the comments to see the "evolution" of the picks.

10 comments:

New Texan said...

Ahh, what a sucker... Mickelson never does well at the British Open... he is not a big fan of blood pudding.

My first pick... I hate to do it... gotta say... Vijay.

New Texan said...

Wow... another blunder. I didn't even have him on my Top 10. This is like taking candy from a baby.

The Goose is Loose. Retief Goosen.

New Texan said...

BASTARD. he was my next pick.

Try this one for the "thinking outside the box" philosophy... ready?

Trevor Immelman.

New Texan said...

I had Donald on my short list... as in "the list of short guys I might pick."

You are making this hard... I have two left that I want, and fear you may snag one with your last pick... let's try...

Geoff Ogilvy

New Texan said...

Only a tree hugging canadian could want to root for Monty... shame on you... commie bastard.

OK, this is a gut feelign pick... he usually makes the cut, but hasn't had a good finish in The Open lately...

Stuart Appleby.

New Texan said...

So, here the teams:

TIGER PHILP:
Mickelson
Clarke
Harrington
Donald
Montgomerie

STEVIE T:
Singh
Goosen
Immelman
Ogilvy
Appleby

$50 for most earned
$50 for winner

You are already down a cool hundo.

JS said...

I kinda like Tiger Philp's picks. All but the Mickelson picks look good.

New Texan said...

Tiger, having Shades say "that is a good pick" is pretty much the kiss of death... in 4 or 5 FPGPs, he's never cashed.

That said, if Shades wants to back up your action, I'll take it for the $10 he already owes me.

JS said...

I'll take Tiger Philps picks for 10.

New Texan said...

Nope... I just lost Trevor Immelman to fatherhood... no bet.