Saturday, July 01, 2006

DJ Trahan

So the New Texan (Stevie T) started getting excited about one of his picks on Fri. (6/30). You see, his only pick to be in negative points is D.J. Trahan and he was on top of the leaderboard after the second day at -5. He [Trahan] was T51 in putting and made 100% of his sand saves. Having made only his 5th cut in 19 tries, and only 3 strokes back going into the weekend, the New Texan is seeing the fortunes of one of his players change. But I have to show him the reality...

Greens in Regulation Pct. 61.2% 159th
Putting Average 1.803 135th
Round 3 Scoring Avg. 73.50 178th
Final Round Scoring Average 72.00 99th

...not the feal good numbers you would want to see (Trahan 2006 stats).

While the only way he doesn't make a penny this weekend if is he WD's, but I would wager that won't finish in the top 15 and his winnings will be less-than-excitable for FPGPers with him.

6 comments:

New Texan said...

Hey now! dont talk about my boy like that!! Statistics have never gotten in the way of my picks dude!!!

New Texan said...

Yeah, I don't get it... I actually thought everyone would jump on the Trahan bandwagon this year, as he seemed like he was an up and comer, but he can't seem to get er done.

However... my other dark-horse (Hunter Mahan) did have a decent round today and is in a good spot for a good finish. I need something good to happen fast!

New Texan said...

YES!!! Tell the story! Is it about D.J.? I am an idiot for picking a Clemson guy... did he walk off on one hole to take a leak or something?

JS said...

JG, share the stories. I'll tell you what.. I think it would be cool for us and fun for you to be able to post new blogs here. I would have to make sure New Texan (Stevie T.) is cool with it, but I'm sure he'd be fine with it. My email address is shadestrades@comcast.net. Email me your email address and upon New Texan's approval, I'll add you to the blogger list of people who can post new topics (blogs) here.

BTW, the nicenest is probably just a temporary thing. We just need to find the next PGA tour player to rip to get him to join our pool next year. Any suggestions?

For what it's worth, I've see Trahan practice his putting at Rivertown CC is Charleston, SC. For a guy who puts so much time into, he has nothing to show for it. He should spend that time working on accuracy. His GIR and Driving accuracy (a useless stat on the PGA tour now-adays in my mind) stink.

New Texan said...

JG... if you want to story-tell, I will send you a blog invite... you can create your own posts rather than just commenting under our "observations." We'd love to have the insight!

Hit me with an email... stevetuholski@hotmail.com and we'll get you set up...

JS said...

JG, excellent story!

Hope you had a good 4th. Good luck this weekend!

BTW, please do email me (shades) or Stevie T. (New Texan). I think you are a great addition to our little group, FPGP, and it would be interesting to have to blog new topics or bitch sessions from the tour.

Shades