Wednesday, July 12, 2006

FPGP DREAM PAIRING

12:38 CT, starting on the 10th tee... JG is playing with David Duval (and Kirk "yawn" Triplett). JG and Duval are the two most talked about players in the FPGP this year, and thus far those with Duval (+117) have fared better than those with JG (-25), but JG seem to be riding the FPGP Mojo Train.

I hesitate to make a wager on this... because I have no faith in Duval, and I have gained a lot of respect for JG... so, I'll toss it out as a purely academic question. What kind of odds can I get with a Duval v. JG wager? Clearly, JG would be the favorite... so I wouldn't take this even money, without strokes. So, either proper odds or proper strokes... where do you guys see this falling?

I also see that David "I fucked Steve T. over royally last year" Gossett is in the field. Grrrrrr. Anyone who has an FPGP Rule named after them ("The Gossett Corollary") should really just turn in his Tour Card, and start peddling Titleists at the local Country Club.

With regard to the Wie/Trashcan bets, I think you Wie people are in big trouble. Looks like the PGA Tour was hoping to boost USA's ratings, as they have her going out in the second to last group on Friday, on the #1 tee... so she will conveniently be making the turn right around the beginning of the broadcast. I know two things:

1. Afternoon tourney rounds are tougher than morning rounds... more spike marks, dryer/hotter conditions, tends to be more windy.

2. Wie shrinks under pressure.

My guess is that Wie is going to shoot some number like 71-75. If Trashcan can't handle that, well, MG and I deserve to lose $20.

Vic/Talon, I take it you got no action on your Perez offer?

1 comment:

New Texan said...

Oh well... I am starting a "side bet" spreadsheet that we'll share next week, so feel free to keep putting out the offers.