Thursday, July 13, 2006

2008 Golf World Interview With JG

Johnny Miller sat down to interview the world's #1 golfer last week, and here's what he had to say...

Johnny Miller: JG, the success you've had over the past couple years has been unprecedented... #1 on the PGA Tour Money List in 2007; Winner of 9 tournaments including the U.S. Open, Masters and PGA; currently the #2 golfer in the world. What do you owe this success to?

JG: Yeah Johnny, it's been a helluva ride. It really all started back in July 06 when I started commenting on the FPGP.

Miller: FPGP?

JG: Yeah, it is a bunch of anonymous chuckleheads who wager on pro golf. Turns out some of them took me and were frustrated at my performance. They turned to immature name-calling, but it was all in good fun.

Miller: What did they call you?

JG: That's really not important... what is important is that after chatting with these guys a bit, I started to feel what is called the "FPGP MOJO." Suddenly, I felt like I could win every tourney I entered. The hole started looking like a basketball hoop...

Miller: That is pretty amazing.

JG: Yeah, it is. Anyway, my success seems to come from this "FPGP MOJO." I have no other way to describe my change in fortunes, so to speak.

Miller: Can any of these guys play?

JG: That seems to be the irony; they all talk the talk, but if you put the best four on a scramble team, they'd barely break 80.

Miller: Interesting... so a bunch of clowns inspired you to rise to the top of the golf world.

JG: It sure seems that way.

6 comments:

New Texan said...

Nice 67 today JG...

New Texan said...

Well, don't forget the 10% 'FPGP MOJO' cut that we get when JG is #1 on the money list next year.

:-)

New Texan said...

I like it excal! There could be quite the groundswell next year for JG's popularity, with FPGPers located in Dallas, NOLA and throughout Florida. This could be the start of something very big.

JS said...

New Tex, great blog posting. If only it could be someone other than Johnny Miller. I can't stand that guy.

As for JG, he hit fairways, greens, made putts, WOW great Thurs. round. I don't know how it felt when hitting the ball, but 3 more rounds like that and the FPGP Mojo keeps on truckin'.

New Texan said...

We need a live JG cam... following the numbers is boring. MG, can you hook up some kind of satellite link for us?

New Texan said...

Shades... you gotta love Miller... he tells it like it is, and has the background/record to say it all. I love the guy.

MG... If i had something like that on my laptop, I'd get even less done on Thur/Fri.

So, let me get this straight... the week that JG won on Tour last year, you weren't there. You weren't there in Chicago last week when he finished in the top 10... you are not there now when he is near the top of the board (last time i checked anyway)... hmmmmmm. Maybe you shouldn't go to the tourneys! :-)