Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sixty Frigging Nine!

What a difference a driver makes... I've been struggling for the last month with my big boy, and finally had to sit it for a home-made driver that Stan the Man built for me. I hit it at the range this afternoon, and had the itch to play afterwards.

What a great idea!

I had a 6 birdie round of 69... with a damned bogey on 18. Three birdies on the four par 5s, a couple deuces on the par 3s (including the sweetest "little" 6-iron I've ever hit in my life on a 220 yard downwind par 3 16th... I hit it in there about half a foot), and one hole out from about 80 yards for birdie, after I got tangled in some trees on 9. It was pretty much a round where everything went right.

This round was a couple weeks too late for the Eat Crow Open, but I'm glad it finally showed up!

No comments: