Wednesday, May 09, 2007

FPGP Open... Shit or Get Off the Pot Time

OK FPGPers... since most of us actually work for a living, we need to figure out this FPGP Open thing for this year pretty soon, as calendars start filling months in advance.

We seemed to have this thing pretty well dialed in, when Excal and Robbo threw a grenade in the room. The "plan" was Oct 5-7 in Myrtle Beach. Suddenly, this was not good enough for Excal, as he got a taste of Hilton Head, and clearly doesn't understand that other people have to fly in for this mess. This is the thread on the blog.

At last count, the following people were interested in getting together in October:

New Tex
Shades
Stevie V.
Bandit
Tev
Excal
Robbo

I was not sure about Vic, but I think he was in. I know Bimma and Stan the Man are out. That leaves us with 2 foursomes or at worst a 3 and 4. Pretty solid.

Now, where the fuck are we doing this thing? Personally, I am not intersted in Hilton Head. For the money, I'd prefer Vegas, but I can't see that happening. Plus, there is no convenient way for those of us not in the Carolinas to get there... It is going to be connecting flights and rental cars. No thanks. If the group pushes for Hilton Head, I'm gonna have to sit it out this year.

Is there still interest in Myrtle Beach? Raise your hand if you are in, and we'll see if this is going to happen. Count me "in" for MB.

7 comments:

New Texan said...

Tev is "in" via IM.

bocabandit said...

I'm in for MB or Vegas.

JS said...

I'm in for MB.

SteveV said...

Myrtle Beach is fine but why is it easier to get there than Hilton Head?

New Texan said...

Should have said "cheaper"... at least for me...

JS said...

Myrtle is cheaper all around. Flying in, hotel, golf.... I can do either as it's a 2 hour drive for me either way, but MB has 120 courses to choose from. At HH there are about 30, 2 of which require a boat to get to the island to play them (Dufuskie Island).

Anonymous said...

I'm in for MB, you cheap fuckers!