Monday, May 28, 2007

One Final Note on Excal...

I give Joel a lot of shit for never buying anything new, or for that matter... cleaning his golf stuff. His clubs have caked on mud that would need carbon dating to be properly analyzed... his shoes have turned colors from the dirt... anyone who's ever played with him recognizes his "dirty Cocks" hat. Well, yesterday's outfit looked strangely familiar to me... mind you, I play golf with Joel maybe once a year these days... so, I went to the photo vault and found this picture.

Warning... disturbing image...


The creation date on this file was May 21, 2001. Just over 6 years ago...
Folks, I am here to tell you that da former commish was wearing the same shirt and visor yesterday... I can't vouch for the shorts. Now, the fact that I couldn't fit into anything I owned 6 years ago aside... this is, in a word... "pathetic." I think I am going to siphon off some of the FPGP funds this year and next to start a "one new shirt a year" foundation for Tiger Philp.
Oh, and the shirt had a big hole in the back also.
I think that if the FPGP Open happens, and Tiger decides to bring this "outfit" with him... we need to do a ceremonial burning. Something... anything.
Yes, between that shirt and the mime outfit, I definitely had my fill of horizontal stripes...

6 comments:

SteveV said...

This is getting scary. So, Joel and Robbo have something else in common --- they're cheap bastards!

New Texan said...

Well... Joel will spend money on the finer things... beer, wine, etc.

JS said...

How about if we give the winner of the annual FPGP not only his/her winnings, but a golf shirt of their size request. I could get a Callaway, TaylorMade or some other brand with FPGP 200x on the sleeve or chest. Any interest?

New Texan said...

Not from me... I think it would be more fitting to have a little trophy, kind of like our Yankee-Gamecock Classic mug.

SteveV said...

How about a trophy with the names of all of the FPGP winners engraved on it (by year)? Of course, this assumes someone knows all of the past winners.

New Texan said...

I thought the same thing, but I don't have all of the past winners... plus, if we did that, their would be a burden on someone to get it engraved every year, and that is a pain in the ass.