Sunday, March 11, 2007

Anyone Out There Playing Well Yet???

I had another red-letter schizo round today... a not very inspiring 82 which included a pair of doubles, a triple, and two hole outs... one from a bunker for a par, and one flop shot from behind the 18th green for a birdie... the proverbial "keep ya coming back" shot. I seem to have two shots right now... "pretty damned good" and "sweet holy shit, have you ever played this game before." As a great example, on the #1 handicap hole, a bitchy little tight downhill then uphill par 4, about 430 or so that was playing into the wind, I hit a "stinger" 3-wood off the tee (it runs downhill a good bit and you can actually go to0 far if you hit the ball long... for Joel this would be "not an issue.") practically against the 150 post... and then I duck hooked a 7-iron. So... hit it 280, into the wind, with a 3-wood... and then hit your iron shot 30 yards short/left of the green. Nice. That all of my clubs still exist in one piece each is the biggest miracle of all. I was joking that I felt that I could shoot any score from 70 - 90... well, if I play 20 rounds this year, I might just shoot every one. Scratch off 82, 81, 77, and 75 so far. The real question right now is which will come first, the 70 or the 90.

Anyone else playing yet?

2 comments:

JS said...

I'm playing duck hooks left, pin high bunker shots and scrambling as much and as often as possible.

New Texan said...

ahhhh... mid season form!