Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Vegas State Of Mind...

Enough of all this golf and mojo talk... I can almost taste Vegas... we are 72 hours out from our Friday tee time.

I've been swamped at work, and the home life has been stressful... for those out of the know, my mom moved down to Texas in May after my dad died, and she's lived with us since then. That is enough to make any house more stressed. Toss in planning a wedding for November, and we are on high stress alert. I was just chatting with Jeff (IM) about it and commented that the three things that cure stress the best are

1. Tap-in birdies.
2. Rolled up aces.
3. Lapdances.

Which made me think... which of those three will happen more this weekend? Let's think for a minute...

Me, Jeff, Excal and Tev... 36 holes. That is 144 holes of golf. How many of those holes will result in tap-in birdies?

A few of us will play poker... I know I am logging at least 18 hours at the tables over the weekend. You get about 30 hands an hour... so, 540 hands just for me. How many times will one of us see rolled up aces?

Six dudes away from family, wives, girlfriends, etc. How many lapdances can or will be purchased under the "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" rule?

This is really a toughie. Given the level of ability on the golf course, two tap in birdies are a possibility.

From a strictly statistical standpoint, I'd expect to see rolled up aces once this weekend, but with others playing, we could get to two.

Lapdances. Hmmmm... the over/under on that one is probably also two. It is my bachelor party, so I am sure my arm will get twisted into one. Once the liquor starts flowing, I can see at least one more for someone else.

This will be an interesting thing to keep track of...

1 comment:

New Texan said...

GREAT story Vic... If you know what a road soda is, you'd be good friends with Excal. One time he picked me up for a roadtrip down to Myrtle Beach, and the cooler was already riding shotgun.