Sunday, April 01, 2007

Masters Challenge


After many years of trial and error I believe I have found the best tournament pool format for the Majors; tell me if your interested? It relies on the standard college match format with each team consisting of six players, each day you record the best four scores of your team (4 out of 6)and that becomes your day total, add your four days together and you have you tournament score...low tournament score wins. It gets interesting in the pro format because you can lose a player if he fails to make the cut meaning you have one less round to choose from in making your low four. A tie is broken by match of cards of the last day's round in reverse order (18 backwards) of the opposing #1 players on the two tied teams (almost never occurs). My proposal is this: $20 per team (one per FPGPer) per Major ($80 total); $10 of which goes to the pot for that Major and $10 carries over to the pot for the lowest total for all four Majors. You can pick a new team each Major, you must declare one player as your #1, Tiger is not available for anyone. Thoughts? I will send the money up front because I know it upsets New Tex to have his piles confused; being a federal employee I have no problem with circular accounting--- I manage the Social Security lock box.

5 comments:

New Texan said...

sweet fancy tits... i can't keep track of all of this... count me out on this one, i have wayyyy too many little bets in my head. I just need to get Joel heads up in our yearly majors bet.

New Texan said...

don't send me money for this! i am not going to keep money for a bet that I am not in! My name isn't Fastow...

bocabandit said...

Talonflier,

Stevie V. and I usually have a Majors sidebet and sometimes his departmental running mate joins in. Indeed, at last year's Masters, Dr. Rotunda was in full command until one of his players posted an X at No. 12. If they are amenable to this arrangement, I'll go in also.

New Texan said...

Not gonna do it...

bocabandit said...

For the record, here's my team sent to Talonflier last night. Only Voodoo is missing. Is he working on some past post scheme?


Vijay Singh (1)

Phil Mickelsen

Geoff Ogilvy

Ernie Els

Chad Campbell

Angel Cabrera