Monday, April 16, 2007

Eat Crow Open, 2007

FPGPers,

While the network cameras will be tuned to the golf in New Orleans this weekend, there is much bigger match occuring in the Dallas area. As you will surely recall, our pal JG started commenting on the blog one fateful day in June, after I posted something to the effect of "I could beat him if he gave me two shots a side" and he retorted with a "I'll take that bet." Well... it's gonna happen.

MG and I had talked about all of us getting together next week for dinner, and I couldn't help but put out the "offer" to play with JG if he was skipping the NOLA tourney. Not only was there a gracious acceptance of my offer, but a counter offer to play out at the TPC Craig Ranch course (which is likely the future home of the Byron Nelson tourney). Wow. So there you have it... New Tex v. JG. The Big Mouth vs. The Big Bomber.

I have but two conditions for the match, and of course, since I am the one with the big mouth, will accept my fate if these conditions are not agreed to.

1. I have no desire to play from the 7500 yard "PGA Tour" tees. The 7000 yard "Championship Tees" are about as much golf course as I can chew on.

2. Match play gives me a slugger's chance, as I will surely blow up on a couple holes... Vegas has me as a 30:1 underdog in a stroke play format... 8:1 in match play. Let's make it competitive JG!

I'll accept my fate if JG wants to play stroke play from the tips... I guess this is my pathetic way of asking for some mercy, and in a public format. Shit, I really am pathetic.

8 comments:

SteveV said...

Wow, this is exciting news! Please be sure to provide us with an accurate summary of the flogging --- uh, golf match.

For what it's worth, I'll take JG at 5:1 odds.

New Texan said...

5:1? You're giving me too much credit...

You'll get an accurate summary. Damnit.

BostonBimma said...

I'll take JG at 10:1 stroke & 8:1 match!!

Ya gotta love it when someone's mouth get's 'em in trouble!! :)

Good Luck New Tex!!

GO JG!!!!!

JS said...

Can I drop Micheel as my short and short New Tex instead?

New Texan said...

Shades, that is the best comment you've ever made... made me laugh out loud.

It also represents one of your finer thoughts for FPGP picks...

New Texan said...

The "house" is not taking any wagers, and no one is going to bet on me, so quit it!!

excal said...

REPRESENT NEW TEX!!! REPRESENT!!

ps....go easy on him JG. He's very fragile.

New Texan said...

That's the truth... I am the biggest headcase I know.