Monday, April 30, 2007

Byron Nelson Weekend

What a weekend... quick summary:

Thursday: Spent the morning following JG's group at Cottonwood. Shades and I were like a couple school girls after that birdie-birdie start. Spent the afternoon over at TPC following random players. My wife, Shades, Stan the Man and I had dinner with JG and MG on Thursday night... big fun.

Friday: Two rounds of golf... the second was at TPC Craig Ranch. JG pulled some strings for me and the boys and got us out there. Amazing. We are eternally grateful, and actually felt bad that we were playing a better track than JG was that day. :-) By day's end, Shades was in an 8-down hole to me, and another friend had shot a cumulative 204 for 36. Yowzas.

Saturday: Spent the day at the Nelson... bounced from JG's group to various beer tents, then did the "Dallas thing" and spent the afternoon at the Pavillion looking at the beautiful people, drinking too much, and getting a scorching sun burn. The gang came back to Chez New Tex where we had a little BBQ and Beerfest late into the night.

Sunday: One last round of golf. I closed out Shades 8 and 7, but he took my friend Jim for $25 in the Sucker Bet of the Century. My friend Shane (Mr. 204) took me for a dinner bet though... I gave him a stroke a hole in match play, and the fucker hit an iron off every tee. Bastard. He beat me 2 and 1. I knew I was in trouble when I was even par through 7 holes on the back 9 and couldn't get on him. Note to self. A shot a hole in match play is a ton. Shane missed a 3 footer for par on the last hole and carded a 96. That is an even 300 for 3 rounds. His new nickmane is "Earl Anthony." You just can't make this stuff up.

The worst thing about a weekend like that... The Monday Morning Reality. Ugh.

I'll have an FPGP update for you guys later today... Shades is en route to Charleston, so don't expect a "pretty" one until tomorrow or later tonite.

4 comments:

BostonBimma said...

It sounds like quite a weekend NT. I can't wait for JG (I won't even mention the defending champ) and the boys to come through Boston this summer for the Deutsche Bank Championships. I am really looking forward to rooting on JG and hopefully meeting JG (and MG if she comes up) in person! They both seem like real nice folks!!

New Texan said...

That will be a blast Bimma... maybe you and MG can work out an arrangement to split the $100 last place check??? hahaha...

BostonBimma said...

Funny...Funny... Maybe I need to hedge it with a side bet with MG for a dinner here in Boston (whoever is in last place at the time buys!!).

bocabandit said...

Don't count out Robbo! Buzz looks like he's building some serious momentum scurrying down into the cellar. I wouldn't put it past Da Rodent to make a late night strategic trade on the eve of the deadline.

Plus, he's got Mary Kaye who slides down when each ham-and-egger picks up his first paycheck.