Wednesday, July 25, 2007

WHY?

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Michelle Wie accepted a sponsor's exemption Tuesday to play in the Safeway Classic next month.

The 17-year-old Wie is continuing her course of playing as many times as the LPGA allows: eight. The Safeway Classic on Aug. 24-26 would be her seventh event, with her final tournament expected to be the Samsung World Championship at Bighorn in October.

I realize that this is an LPGA tourney that she's getting an exemption into, but really. Are there really LPGA fans that would only buy a ticket to this event if Wie is playing?

3 comments:

talonflier said...

The only thing growing faster than her ass is her handicap. If they are looking for sub-18yr old chicks that can shoot 85, I can find a half dozen in my own town. OK, that sounds kind of perverted, but you know what I mean. Between the Vick and Wie endorsement contracts, NIKE's taking it in the shorts. Maybe one of our FPGPers can get a contract, I know Voodoo can break 85 and he suffers from a chronic right wrist injury, though the cause is different.

SteveV said...

My wrist pain is practically gone due to rest, physical "therapy" and a revised grip.

Now come on and somehow get Joy to let you play in the Monkey Hill Classic (don't show her the links from earlier).

New Texan said...

I'll take an endorsement... the handicap index is down to 2.2 and I am playing well again! Bring on Michelle Wie!!