Friday, January 04, 2008

A bad short pick?

I'll admit that I didn't short Mark Calcavecchia, but he was on my list of guys to short list (Sorry Tev). But given Calc's age (born in 1960) and, err... shape/conditioning (6'/225lbs? - 225 my ass), why wouldn't he be a good short pick. He made about $2,000,000 more in '07 ($2,993,332) than in '06 and would he really win again this year? Maybe if he keeps having score cards that look like this.

Even in this limited field that was the low score of the day and thru 2 rounds Calc is only 3 shots back of the leader.

4 comments:

talonflier said...

I am more concerned about having two Canucks on top of the leaderboard, this could be the mime's year. A Canadian takeover yikes: round bacon, socialized medicine, Mike Meyers...

New Texan said...

Yeah, after 36 holes it's pretty clear that Calc is going to win the money list. I'm concerned for some of my guys because they haven't even played yet! My god, the sky is falling!

haha...

Talon... the upside would be more Rush (the band, not the blowhard) on the radio.

New Texan said...

Last year it took Shades a couple months to make a comment about other people's short picks:

http://fpgp.blogspot.com/2007/03/hey-new-tex-and-bandit.html

As it turned out, Wetterich wasn't a great short pick but Bandit and I still finished 1-2.

JS said...

I'm much more on top of it this year, so I figured it would be best to start early.