Sunday, October 01, 2006

DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES????


Trashcan wins!
Trashcan wins!
Trashcan wins!

The two greatests upsets in sports history now rank...

Number 1: DJ Trahan goes wire to wire to win a PGA Tour event, putting New Tex almost back into the mix in the FPGP (yeah, this fucking tourney pays a paltry 540k to the winner... damnit).

Number 2:


USA Hockey triumphs over Russia, making the sport of hockey relevant in the US for about 15 minutes.

Now, if I could just get a little production of Rich "Don't Call Me Jim" Beem... man, my picks suck.

4 comments:

SteveV said...

Congrats on the Trahan win! Is this the lowest paying event for the winner? Wow ---

New Texan said...

I think it might be... hell, it wasnt even on TV. Oh well, a win is a win, and the money counts. Should shoot me back up to striking distance of the money, making the last month somewhat more exciting for me.

bocabandit said...

He could even follow it up with another "W." At least, he went out there and won it a playoff against someone who's won on the Tour several times. He didn't back into the playoff like some miserable National League team did. Eh, Vodo?

New Texan said...

Ha... well, as a Red Sox fan (and Cardinals fan), I can say with certainty that I'd rather back IN to the playoffs than back OUT of the playoffs... grrrr...