Monday, February 11, 2008

The Law


You're damn right it's profiling! Some allege that I have an "ethnic" look. Hmmm -- this is probably why my baggage always gets scrutinized when I re-enter the U.S.

Robbo forgot to note that he almost got me shot when I attempted to answer his phone call while still at the scene. Police officers do not take kindly to motorists reaching inside their computer bag while they're issuing citations.

As for New Tex, I actually have had a few bad incidents in golf carts. A quick left turn while heading downhill in a fairway threw my sister out and she broke her elbow (why no seatbelts?). I backed, and got stuck, in a fairway bunker (would have been there a while if not for the assistance of former Saint's receiver Eric Martin). And I apparently failed to adequately secure the parking break -- although I contend equipment malfunction -- so, the cart sped rapidly downhill toward a small lake (I was busy lining up an important putt). Thankfully, it hit a tree and didn't get wet. I made the putt ---

4 comments:

New Texan said...

All I can say is "wow".

We should find a course that will provides caddies.

bocabandit said...

Isn't there one more cart driving incident ('accident') resulting in Voodoo's cart mate shedding some blood?

SteveV said...

Forgot that one. Yep, I rolled over a cart mate's heal as he was getting into the cart. He fell like a stroke victim - blood all over. But, he had reached his MBP level (maximum beer potential; we were on #9) and felt nothing. Of course, I contend that he was at fault by placing his drunken heal under the wheel.

JS said...

Steve V, you kill anyone yet? Sounds like you have blood on your hands and tickets in your wallet.