Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Here Come the Tears


I am way psyched about the upcoming U.S. Open at Winged Foot and a possible massacre redux, but my spidey sense is tingling. Now I have respect for the dead and Tiger's old man appeared genuine, but aren't we about to be bludgeoned by the "1st Major without his Dad" storyline. The gentle Ben and Harvey Penick thing has been done and I don't care to see Tiger blubbering like Maury Povich after a paternity test reveal. Let's all vow to turn off the set at the first sign of a "man cry." Feherty cowering naked in Golf Digest, Barroid Bonds whimpering on his ESPN show, Adam crying after a semi-final loss in March Madness...what ever happened to some healthy, good, old-fashioned repression. It's time to nut up an play ball without anybody getting in touch with anything other than a velvet cord victory grip!

2 comments:

JS said...

2012 Ryder Cup will be about 10 miles from my soon-to-be-built home near Kiawah. I'll have room for all, if I don't rent my house for some stupid amount to some tourist from Ireland. I'll be asking for that in Euro's too.

New Texan said...

You better be back for next year's FPGP... that is some good shit!

Jeff, i am staying at your house whether it is with you and your family or with Colin Montgomerie's...