Tuesday, April 08, 2008

MASTERS SIDE BET... TEX V. EXCAL

It's that time of year once again... the birds are singing, the bees are buzzing, the azaleas are bloomin' and Excal and I must wage war with each other in our traditional Majors Side Bets.

The rules are the same as always. We each pick 5 players in draft format. The team that nets the most earnings wins $50. If a team includes the winner, that's an additional $50. Tiger is off the table.

As always, we'll do our draft in the comments section of this post. Having destroyed Excal in these little wagers over the years, I will once again allow him to start the season off with the first pick in the draft. I'll get first pick for the US Open, he'll go first for the British, yadda yadda yadda.

OK, Excal... it's your move. Take Mickelson and get it over with.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, how do you leave him off the table with the first pick? I'm not happy about it, but sure, give me Michelson

New Texan said...

I'm going with the hot hand with pick #1... give me Geoff Ogilvy.

Anonymous said...

ok.....don't laugh......
Fed Couples

New Texan said...

Not laughing... I don't know if I would have snagged him with #2, but I see the logic.

Goosen.

(don't laugh)

Anonymous said...

Vijay...my old stand-by

New Texan said...

Adam Scott... I sure hope that strep throat is healed.

I already hate my team.

Anonymous said...

Stevie Stricker

New Texan said...

Hunter Mahan

JS said...

Stricker? This is the Masters not Airplane.

New Texan said...

YOU'RE TOO LOW DAMNIT!

And that was Stryker, not Stricker.

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm...and the last pick goes to Jose Maria Olazabel

New Texan said...

Not in love with this one, but I'll finish mine off with Sabbatini. It was between him, Harringon and Choi. Which means that Harrington or choi will win.

Anonymous said...

Yea, it was jose or Choo Choo for me. But jose seems to shine at Augusta despite his limited shedule thus far this year.

New Texan said...

Indeed...

Hell, once you take Tiger out of the mix, this thing is a crap shoot.

Interesting strategy differences though... you picked 4 former winners. I didn't pick 1.

Anonymous said...

ummm....I take I can't trade steve flesh, right?

New Texan said...

That would be correct.

New Texan said...

Good win Excal...

Anonymous said...

Indeed. And it's about time I won one of these. And thank God Steve "why do I look like Shades" Flesch imploded.

New Texan said...

Yes, you nearly had a disaster on your hands...

Update coming soon.