Monday, August 06, 2007

Sabbatini is an Ass and Hypocrite

By now, everyone out there probably knows that Sabbatini had a fan booted on the 9th hole yesterday, when he asked "do you still think Tiger is beatable?" Come one... lighten the fuck up.

As if that isn't bad enough, this was Sabbatini's comment about the "incident."

``We're out here to do our job - let us do our job,'' Sabbatini said later. ``Have a little bit of decorum, a little bit of class out there. I guess a few too many beers were talking.''

"Class", "decorum" and "Sabbatini" have no business colliding in the same paragraph. When I was at The Colonial in May, I saw him have a complete hissy fit when he missed a short birdie putt on the 2nd (his 11th) hole. The ball lipped out, and he made a violent gesture with his putter, uttered some "fucks" and started crying like Sergio Garcia to his caddy... something along the lines of "how many fucking putts am I going to lip out this month?" Seriously... I was right there on the left side of the green with a left pin placement... it was clear as day. It was also early so there were not that many people around to hear it... I am sure the little Napolean Complex does this all the time. What a little dick.

If you want to get mad and upset... whatever. But what a prick for tossing a guy who simply busted his balls/called him out. Again, this is the shit that makes professional golfers look like a bunch of prima donas. In what other major sport can you get tossed for something like that? Hell, Yankee Stadium would be empty for every game if baseball players were this sensitive!

When Sabbatini first called out Tiger, I thought "it's about time someone did... good for him!" Now, I hope Tiger continues to bury the little prick.

7 comments:

JS said...

You beat me to the punch on this posting. I was going to try to find a picture of a guy choking. That is, after all, what Sabbatini has done against Tiger since the Wachovia. It was at the Wachovia, after the 2nd or 3rd round, that Sabbatini said "I want Tiger". He got him and couldn't carry his bag.

I too recall him dropping the F-bomb on the tee. This time at the Nelson. It was the par 5 16th I believe. He was bitching to Bernard Langer about the pin position coming up on the par 3 17th. He couldn't believe they put the f'ing flag on the top left. He said something about the f'ing ball not being able to f'ing hold there. Poor Langer. He had to play 18 holes with that dick.

Yeah, Sabbatini. Class act.

New Texan said...

That's right Jeff... he was doing that with Langer. At least that was just a conversation, not a temper tantrum. Either way... the dude is a dickhead.

Maybe I can get a match with him next year... rather than strokes, I'll just ask a few friends to come along and heckle him throughout the round... clearly, that rattles the little Tiger wannabe.

talonflier said...

I vote him FPGP target of ridicule...let the games begin for Sabbaweenie. I am confident he will not nut up and face the FPGP faithful with the class and decorum of JG and MG. OK MG, no offense with the whole nut thing.

New Texan said...

I'm with you Vic...

Here's a take on Sabbatini's stupidity from espn.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2963432&sportCat=golf&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1

Listening to Sabbatini bitch about class is like watching Excal call someone on a rules violation...

I think we need a better nickname than Sabbaweenie though... How about "Shorty McChokesalot"?... Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but I like the flavor. "Tiger Bait-ini" also comes to mind... as does "The South African Douchebag." Maybe we should put up a blog poll...

BostonBimma said...

Lucky me....I get to see my short pick in a couple weeks up here in Boston!!! God, I hope JG ends up playing with him...I'll have the best of both worlds. I can cheer on JG and also remind Sabbatini that he is my SHORT PICK!!!! But, then again, I don't want to get kicked out of the gallery!!!

BostonBimma said...

And, how fitting, it is the 'Douche' Bank tourney up here in Boston!!!!!

New Texan said...

Bimma... quick question, given this was your rookie year at the FPGP. Did you think the short pick was for a player who would not succeed, or for a player who is literally a wee bit of a man? If the former... well, learn from your mistake. If the latter... well played.