Friday, August 08, 2008

Should Tiger Be Eligible For The FPGP In 2009?

I've been kicking around the question of whether not to allow a Tiger Woods pick for next year... in every other year on the FPGP, he's been banned because we'd all take him and it would be a push. But with this injury, and questions lingering about when he'll be back on Tour next year... should we open it up to allowing Tiger? I guess the real question is "would anyone consider NOT taking him?" If we all say "yeah, let's allow it... and I'm picking him!" it defeats the purpose.

2 comments:

JS said...

I think I mentioned this a few weeks ago. I agree with the injury, age and other issues, that he should be allowed for picks. As in past years, if everyone picks him, he gets dropped.

New Texan said...

I'm considering adding a pick to the format, and if everyone takes Tiger, we just drop it. It's a nightmare getting everyone to repick... another option could be a "If you take Tiger, also pick an alternate in case everyone else picks him too." Hmmmm... that actually makes sense.