Monday, July 21, 2008

UPDATE 7/21/08


Some big time shakeups in the FPGP this week... Big time play from Ian Poulter, and some decent play by Nick Flanagan and dare I say it... David Duval, who finally got off the Gossett... coupled with Ken Duke destroying the "short" hopes of Stan and Vic... and we have a new top 3.

And a special thanks to Excal for taking the "prohibitive favorite", Sergio Garcia, in our bet this week. Yes, always wise to pick the guy who choked his way into 2nd place the year before, rather than taking the defending champ, bum wrist and all. That's $100, and it gets me dormie for the year.

3 comments:

New Texan said...

Huh. I thought we normally shaded all of the money positions. :-)

That's OK... Shades isn't used to this kind of position in July. I'm sure his ecstasy got the better of him!

JS said...

My bad. I only shaded or changed the text color of the top two on the 6/23 update leaderboard. I was looking at that just prior to shading this weeks leaderboard. I'll try and get the next one straight. But I sure am giddy. I may not finish "in the money", but I don't recall ever being this close to being "in the money".

New Texan said...

Actually, I think you had a 4th place a couple years ago...

What we need is for Duval and Flanagan to play well over the next month, and separate me you and Tev from everyone else in the field... It's not quite "anyone's race" right now, but the contenders are definitely becoming fewer and fewer.