Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Butch Harmon Is A Jackass

I am sick and tired of the Cult of Personality among golf instructors and this has put me over the top. If Harmon wants to "drop" John Daly as a client, fine. But for him to make comments about how Daly is more interested in getting drunk than playing golf... that is way over the line in my opinion. Who the hell is Butch Harmon to make such a judgment call, and who the hell gives a rats ass about his opinions anyway? This is the same guy that Tiger dumped, right? Just checking. Too busy to invest his time and efforts... what a complete and total prick. Yeah, keep working with a bunch of wealthy 17 handicappers Butch... you're doing the game a real service.

Jackass.

Is Daly wasting his talent? Probably. But I think this was Harmon's chance to grab a much needed headline, and that is despicable. Maybe I'm just a sentimental, overweight, occassionally hard drinking, erratic golfer, but I've always wished the best for Daly and will continue to do so. If he wants to waste his talent, that's his business. If sponsors want to continue to give him exemptions, that's their business. I know this... I'll be in Daly's gallery at The Nelson this year, and I won't be alone. And if he misses the cut, at least I know where me and the boys can find him... at the local Hooters.

Give 'em hell John.

BTW, we are having a mini-FPGP outing at the end of April... Excal, Shades and Shane will be in town for some "golf". If anyone else is interested in coming down, let me know... we have plenty of room at Casa d' Tex.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on Texan. Butch Harmon wrote the book on idiocity. Butch must expain how he managed to guide Ernie Els to miss the cut at the Masters.